
The coliseum...we had some Canadian guy give us a tour.

St. Peter's Basilica was Brodie's favorite thing in Rome. There was so much to do in Rome, we must have walked 10 miles the first day. That night we started getting taxi's because I wasn't doing super great with the pregnancy and was getting worried. We must have spent $100 on taxis but it was
soooo worth it! We found some random young guys that were from the U.S. that were studying to be priests in Rome. One guy was from Montana and the other was from New York. We started chatting with them and one of them asked if we minded if he showed us around. He gave us an amazing tour of St. Peter's. I think we got a lot of info from this priest that wouldn't have been in a regular tour... and it was free!

The
Sisteen Chapel was amazing, but we were super glad not to be there in the summer when there are huge lines and it's super hot. We didn't have to wait in line for anything and there wasn't tons of people.

We met Mike and Lisa over there. We knew they would be in Italy but planned our trips independently. It was a total coincidence that we were in Florence on the same days. Brodie and Mike talk all the time because of work, but Lisa and I see each other once a year (crazy!) We go out to dinner maybe once a year together at home. We've decided it is way easier to just meet in Italy for dinner! Mike served his mission there, so it was nice to have someone with us that knew his way around.

Look closely and this guy is giving everyone the bird! Of course Mike pointed this out to us...thanks Mike!
1 comment:
I've got that picture sent to me I don't know how many times from uncle Mike. I never know how to take it. Looks like you guys had a fun trip though. I'm pretty jealous. You look hot Ivory....HOT!
Post a Comment