Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bonjournou!

Brodie and I went on the trip of a lifetime to Italy. After much persuasion, he finally agreed. With baby number 3 on the way, it was now or never. Our first stop was Rome which was amazing. This is the coliseum.
I've had a really hard time trying to find pictures of Brodie not doing his impression of a male model. He may be on to something here with the modelling!
A bridge from Rome to Vatican City. We had the best weather ever. November was a great time to go...not too busy and not too hot.
Our first experience with a "5 Star" Hotel. It was our big splurge. I booked this hotel on priceline for $195 or something. The regular rate was $350 a night. It photographed beautifully on the website...wasn't much greater than a Holiday Inn, that happened to be really old! Our other hotels were less than $100, with our nicest one being $60 a night.
Brodie is giving Dora the Explorer a run for her money with his backpack. We discovered the Metro as we were leaving Rome. I started worrying about walking 10 miles a day while pregnant, so we spent $80 on cabs in a day. Then we discovered the Metro would have taken us anywhere for $1. Go big or go home. Again, if you could see his face he is being goofy. I guess that's why I love him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures and Brodie being goofy is an understatement!!

zoe said...

how did i miss these posts! i sort of forgot about your trip! you'll have to bring pics up and tell us about it this summer.
ps jealous