Thursday, December 24, 2009

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

Christmas Eve we had our friends Erik and Chareese over and Brodie's mission companion Carl and his wife Chantel. The kids played reindeer games outside in the freezing California winter.
Callie, Tallen, Kelsee, Payson, Crew
This is our attempt at a family picture in front of the tree. You should have seen the other ones.
Our little Abbey girl was a huge grouch on Christmas Eve. She was pouting and wouldn't let anyone touch her or play with her. Her cheeks were super rosy and dry that night, kind of like mine were at her age.
Of course we had to read " 'Twas the Night Before Christmas" like Grandpa Bruce always does. We weren't lonely this Christmas Eve 'cause we decided to invite some friends over. Imagine that! Brodie was sick as a dog, so I stayed up til all hours wrapping presents, etc. At 2 AM I thought I was done except for one little box to open and get out for Abbey. Little did I know it would take me 90 minutes to put it together. So I watched a movie while I did it, and got my magical middle of the night burst of energy. I cleaned everything so it would be perfect in the morning. At 4 AM I went to bed and actually had a hard time falling asleep. Its times like that that I was really wishing there was a Harker around to stay up with me and join in the craziness!

1 comment:

Webb Family News said...

I never saw a camera the whole night. When did you take those pictures of all the kids? Where was I? Thanks again for the fun night!