Sunday, January 10, 2010

My new love





Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos...eat your heart out! If anyone has seen Kelly Ripa's Electrolux commercial, you know why I was swayed into buying this. After a month of it taking 4 hours to dry a batch of clothes, it was go big or go home. The consumer reports were great on these babies, but I'm not going to lie... they cost a pretty penny. I spent 2 hours (no lie) on Saturday, sitting in front of my washer and dryer. Brodie didn't spend as much time, but still enough time that it could be considered embarrassing.
The washer was so quiet we thought it wasn't working, and it fit double the clothes. The dryer is the biggest one you can buy. I was either going to buy the cheapest or the best, there is no half-way for me. All it took was a phone call from Sears to Brodie and he said "get whatever you want, babe". He should have known better!

7 comments:

lynz said...

haha i love that you took pictures of each other gazing into the front of a washer/dryer! sounds like that pretty penny was worth it though - double the clothes! love it :)

tollestrupfamily said...

I love that they are blue! Leave it to me to go boring white and you to go BOLD!!! Plus the Kelly Ripa commercials make me want to buy more just so I look that cute doing laundry.

Webb Family News said...

You'll have to let me know if you love them and how they work. I am sure mine are going to cut out soon. It has been 12 years. How many towels do you think you could wash at once?

Haley, Brad, and the gang said...

They look great! I love the blue too. You'll have to tell me if they really wash and dry 18 towels.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I hope u love them! Love the blue.

Angie said...

It's the simple things in life.

John and Juli said...

Ivory! how are you. so i have discovered the world of blogs... anyways your little family is so sweet and i love that a washer and dryer makes you so happy! that's motherhood in a nutshell. glad to see you all are doing so well. say hi to brodie for me. :)